About This Class
If you’re looking to build a website or a blog that's easy to set up and maintain there’s no better place to start than WordPress. In this discovery workshop, we’ll walk you through the basics of WordPress, and you’ll learn how you can build an easy-to-use, intuitive website quickly and cheaply.
With an emphasis on simplifying the process (and no confusing tech speak!), this is the perfect introduction to WordPress & websites for the absolute beginner.
From finding a new WordPress design, layout and style to suit your business through to hosting, theme installation and plug-in recommendations; we’ll guide you through everything you need to know. By the end of the class, you’ll have the confidence to go home & create a site you’re proud to show off and can update and edit whenever you like.
This course is perfect for:
- Small businesses
- Aspiring Bloggers
- Anyone curious about setting up their own website
- How to use Wordpress to create a unique website
- Choosing the right WordPress theme for your business
- Designing with your customer in mind; user-centred approach
- Essential plugins & widgets
- Updating your website/blog without coding
- Our top tips, hacks and favourite shortcuts
Prereqs & Preparation
This course is instructor lead and there’s no preparation required to joining to this course. Just bring along a notepad, pen and a sense of humour!